FNPN to Offer On-Line 3 hour Controlled Substance Prescribing Course
FNPN To Offer On-Line 3 hour Controlled Substance Prescribing Course
- Safe and Effective Prescribing of Controlled Substances
- Mandatory ARNP Continuing Education Requirement
Hosted by the FHA and the Florida Nurse Practitioners Network (FNPN)
Completion of this educational mandate is a Florida Board of Nursing license renewal requirement and is NOT a prerequisite to apply for a DEA number. The DEA does NOT require this course for DEA Licensing!
This course complies with the Florida Board of Nursing requirement for 3 continuing education hours of controlled substance education in each biennial license renewal. Content includes prescribing of controlled substances (including opioids, benzodiazepines, and stimulants), prescription drug abuse and misuse, and best practices for clinical practice. Offered in an online format the program will be accessible 24/7 to enable participants the flexibility to complete the program at their convenience.
Florida Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP) Foundation
- Janet DuBois, DNP, ARNP, FNP-BC, FAANP, FNAP
- Doreen Cassarino, DNP, ARNP-BC, ADM-BC, FAANP
- Arlene Wright, DNP, ARNP, FNP-BC
- George Byron-Smith, DNP, ARNP, GNP-BC
- Laureen Fleck, PhD, ARNP-BC
- Cindy Parsons, DNP, ARNP-BC, FAANP
- Gail Fox, MSN, ARNP-BC
- Jean Aertker, DNP, ARNP, COHN-S, FAANP
- Yvonne D'Arcy, MSN, ARNP
- Susan Pendergrass, MSN, MEd, FNP-BC
- FHA is approved as a provider of continuing nursing education by the Florida State Board of Nursing under Provider No. NCE2972. Eligibility for CEUs requires an 80% or higher on the post test and a completed evaluation form. Licensed Florida nurses will receive a certificate of participation for 3.0 hours of continuing nursing education.
- The course content is pending approval for 3 hours of continued education by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners.
- FNPN Members and ARNPs employed by an FHA member hospital $5
- All other ARNPs $95
PRE-REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN
- Click Here to RSVP now for this program that will be available October 2016.